Your Guide to Making Money in the Multi-Billion-Dollar Marijuana Market
Skip Navigation Links
HomeExpand Home
BusinessesExpand Businesses
Business GuidesExpand Business Guides
Other ResourcesExpand Other Resources

Skip Navigation Links
Marijuana Club Guide Main Page
Check List
Getting StartedExpand Getting Started
FinancialExpand Financial
Licenses and PermitsExpand Licenses and Permits
Store LeaseExpand Store Lease
InsuranceExpand Insurance
AdvertisingExpand Advertising
InventoryExpand Inventory
SecurityExpand Security
Furniture and EquipmentExpand Furniture and Equipment
PersonnelExpand Personnel

Marijuana Club Startup Guide

Sales Tax Permit


According to current rulings of  the California State Board of Equalization, Marijuana Clubs are required to collect regular sales tax on the sale of marijuana.

You will need to register with your state sales tax authority (In California, this is the State Board of Equalization) and get a sales tax permit. You will also need to file regular sales tax returns and send the collected sales tax to the state.

As with any other tax, don't fool around. The tax authorities are more likely to come after you than the DEA, and the penalties for unpaid taxes can be quite steep. Get your permits and pay all your appropriate taxes on time.


Save This Page
Share on Facebook
All Portions Copyright 2007 MarijuanaBusinessNews.Com Contact Us